Join us for our monthly Cocktail Reception. This complimentary event features cocktails, hors d'oeuvres, and an opportunity to mingle with members and tour the Clubhouse. Please refer a friend or colleague to this special event.
Membership at the Algonquin Club
The founding members of the Algonquin Club of Boston wanted to create a place where their families, friends and professional associates could meet, and meet other people in the spirit of fellowship and enjoy dining at its finest, in an ambiance unparalleled anywhere in the City. The membership today is made up of men and women who bring to the Club an extensive range of backgrounds and experience.
Native Bostonians and newcomers to the city and surrounding suburbs, as well as non-resident members with historical, familial, business, professional or other connections to Boston, have found that the Club provides the very best in dining, comfort, tradition and Club activities, as well as an opportunity to make new acquaintances and forge strong friendships. Membership is open to any man or woman 21 years of age and older. A wide variety of membership classes are designed to accommodate resident and non-resident members, senior and junior members, retired members and other categories, each with an appropriate admission process and dues structure.
Privileges and Benefits of Membership
The Algonquin Club is one of the top restaurants in Boston. Members may dine in the elegant Main Dining Room or the more casual Grill Room. Pre-dinner or occasional cocktails, wine and beer are served in the stately Marlboro Lounge or the informal Members Bar.
The Algonquin Club provides its members with a number of unique social and professional opportunities. There are over 100 planned events on our social calendar, which include: the popular Algonquin Book Club, wine tastings and dinners, theater nights, speaker programs, holiday dinners, other social and educational programs, and group excursions to museums and other destinations of interest.
Members and guests of members, as well as reciprocal club visitors, may reserve our suite of any of our six well appointed sleeping rooms, enjoying our personalized hospitality and our central Back Bay location. Our accommodations offer the opportunity of a wonderful in-town experience at significantly less cost than luxury chain hotels in the vicinity.
Worldwide Reciprocal Clubs
Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, full Club membership provides access to exceptional accommodations and quiet exclusivity at more than 100 reciprocal clubs, international and domestic.
Private Event Planning
Fourteen unique meeting rooms for private breakfasts, lunches or dinners, banquets, business meetings, charity events, weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, graduation parties, awards ceremonies, retirement celebrations and other special occasions for two to over two hundred attendees. Our professional catering staff will assist in planning your special events.
While dining or attending events at the Club, members and guests may enjoy the convenience of valet parking managed by our contracted valet parking service provider.
The process of becoming a member of the Algonquin Club of Boston involves six steps. 1. You must be nominated as a candidate by a member of the Club, who will serve as your sponsor. Your sponsor will guide you through the process and will act as your liaison with the Club. The Club will facilitate contacts with a potential sponsor for an individual who does not have current Club members among his or her acquaintances.
2. In addition, you will need one other sponsor. The Club will facilitate contact with a potential co-sponsor, if needed.
3. The candidate must complete the candidate information portion of the Club's written form of proposal for membership, including providing the names of and contact information for personal references, who need not be members of the Club. Once completed, including with the sponsor's and co-sponsors comments on suitability for membership, the proposal form is submitted to the Membership Committee.
4. The Membership Committee will review the completed proposal form, confirm the candidate's eligibility for the class of membership being sought and may contacts one or more of the named personal references. Upon completion of its review, the Membership committee will refer the proposal to the Admissions Committee, with a recommendation.
5. The Admissions Committee will arrange an interview with each candidate to gain further knowledge regarding the candidate and his or her suitability for admission as a member. If the Admissions Committee determines that the candidate is suitable for admission, the Admissions Committee will so report to the Executive Committee and recommend admission. Otherwise, the Club will notify the candidate that his or her proposal will not be presented to the Executive Committee for consideration and action.
6. The Executive Committee has the sole authority to admit a person to membership. Having considered the report and recommendation of the Admissions Committee with respect to a proposal to admit a candidate as a member of the Club, the Executive Committee will act to approve or not approve the proposal.
If your proposal for membership proceeds through the foregoing steps and is approved by the Executive Committee, you will receive a packet which will include information regarding the Club and its rules and policies, together with a membership card having your membership number. Our Controller will promptly send an invoice to you for the applicable admission fee and prorated first-period's dues. Upon the Club's receipt of payment of such invoice, your membership will be activated. Failure to make payment of the invoiced amount will subject a new member to having his or her membership being nullified, in which case the person may not reapply for membership until at least one year has elapsed. If you are interested in Club membership, you can Request Membership Information or call the club 617-266-2400.
The Algonquin Club of Boston | 217 Commonwealth Avenue | Boston, Massachusetts 02116 | 617.266.2400